SPA Pricing Education, Analytics & Decision Making Tools Webinar Series

A Look at Netflix’s Strategy in Developing Markets Like India | Market Realist

Pricing strategy
The company has also employed a pricing strategy in international markets, where its plans cost between $6 and $19 per month—closer to its US prices. Netflix noted that as it penetrates more international territories and has to appeal to households with various income levels, it could consider introducing various price tiers in international markets.

However, the company has ruled out introducing an ad-supported offering in these markets since it believes the Netflix brand doesn’t stand for advertising.

In international markets, Netflix offers a mix of 80% content in English and the remaining 20% in the local language. However, it has been flexible about this content mix. In Japan (EWJ), where content in the Japanese language is more popular, Netflix has leaned more toward offering content in Japanese.

Read complete article here:

A Look at Netflix’s Strategy in Developing Markets Like India – Market Realist.